Sunday, July 08, 2007



This is my own creation of a combination of things that I've seen, heard or read about recently. I suppose you could call it a hodge podge of tidbits and interesting items.

***************************************************

************************************************

I heard about a male nurse who was on an airplane when the window burst out, and he was partially sucked out of the plane! See story here: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003772225_fogg03m.html

************************************************

True story. Last night, around 3:00am, my wife woke me up saying she heard a noise, like a door closing. I told her it was probably one of the animals. She said "no, they're both in the room with us". She got up and went to investigate. I fell back asleep. Today I asked her why she didn't let me investigate instead of her getting killed! She said that I wasn't moving fast enough, so she just did it herself. I said "well, there was no reason for BOTH of us to get killed!". She torted back "Oh, don't worry, I would make sure to tell the killer that you were in the bedroom". She's sweet like that =)

*************************************************

New 7 wonders of the world named. Personally, I think that's just wrong.
See story here: http://www.cnn.com/2007/TRAVEL/07/06/seven.wonders/index.html

*************************************************

Affair with iPhone cools when handset breaks
After four days with phone, trouble in paradise.

I'm a computer junkie, but I would never buy a new product when it first comes out. Not only are they expensive, but usually plagued with problems!
See story here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19614050

*************************************************

Allen County property owners can view taxes online.
Property owners can visit http://www.co.allen.in.us/ and click on “online property tax bill and credit card payment” at the bottom of the main page to find out how much they will owe. Users can search by property owner, address and by parcel number.
See story here: http://www.journalgazette.net/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070708/LOCAL/707080416/-1/LOCAL02

*************************************************

Received this email:

Think before you drink Coke or Pepsi or any other soft drink. Have you ever thought what you drink when you drink an aerated drink? You gulp down carbon dioxide, something that nobody in the world would advise you to do.

Two months ago, there was a competition in Delhi University "Who can drink the most Coke?" The winner drank 8 bottles and died on the spot because too much carbon dioxide in the blood and not enough oxygen. From then on, the principal banned all soft drinks from the university canteen.

Now, if you believe this, then I have some ocean view property to sell you in Arizona! This is yet another urban legand as reported at: http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/deadly.asp

*************************************************

President Bush is out jogging, and he encounters a young boy with some puppies. Bush asks the boy what kind of puppies they are, and the boy responds, "They're Republican puppies, Mr. President."
Bush thinks that is so great that the next day he brings the first lady to see these puppies for herself. He asks the boy to tell Laura what kind of puppies they are, and the boy responds, "They're Democratic puppies." The president looks puzzled and says, "Yesterday, you told me they were Republican puppies." The young boy smiles and says, "Yesterday, they were. But today, they have their eyes open!"

|