Friday, June 22, 2007

Uncle Frank

Officer Frank Denzinger of the Floyd County Sheriff's Department was killed Monday night when he was shot by a teenager during a domestic dispute.

http://www.supportingheroes.org/memorial/hero.php?hero_id=268

I never met Frank, but he is my sister's sister-in-law's brother, which means that he was "Uncle Frank" to three of my nephews and their cousins. A big treat whenever my nephews would visit their cousins would be when Uncle Frank would stop by in his patrol car to say "hi." Frank loved his profession of law enforcement, but at just 31 he was just getting started in his career. Frank leaves a wife, a very young daughter, and a grieving family of parents, grandparents, siblings, and all of the people connected to them, in addition to his police family.

There's a lot to say but not really any words that matter. I just wanted to say "good-bye" to "Uncle Frank" and say that he will be deeply missed.
|