Tuesday, January 09, 2007

20 Years Ago Today

Update: My apologies, the way this article was scooped by the aggregator I was using lead me to believe that it occurred on January 9, 1987, when in actuality it transpired on November 22nd, 1987. I guess if I would have read the title of the article (I usually skip such trivialities), I would have known that.


From http://www.damninteresting.com/:


As a low buzzing sound belched from thousands of televisions throughout Chicago, the intruder's image swayed and wiggled in front of a slowly rotating background. Half a minute later, as suddenly as it had appeared, the strange scene was gone. As Chicago's televisions reverted back to the world of the ordinary, the visibly flustered sports reporter reappeared, and commented, "Well, if you're wondering what happened… so am I."

"He's a freaky nerd!"

"This guy's better than Chuck Swirsky." (a WGN -TV sportscaster at the time)

"Oh Jesus!"

"Catch the wave." (a reference to the New Coke marketing slogan)

"Your love is fading."

(hums the theme song to the 1959 TV series "Clutch Cargo")

"I stole CBS."

(unintelligible)

"Oh, I just made a giant masterpiece printed all over the greatest world newspaper nerds."

"My brother is wearing the other one."

"It's dirty."

"They're coming to get me!"

READ THE REST OF THE STORY...or do you remember this happening?
|