Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happy Holidays! NOT! Merry Christmas!!!

I have a personal gripe. Something I have always taken for granted has been taken away from me. Many years ago it started to become "offensive" to say Christmas or Merry Christmas in public places such as schools and department stores at... well, Christmas time! What!!!???

When my kids were in school several years ago, they used to have an annual choral dinner program called "Christmas with Charisma". They had to change it to "Holidays with Charisma" because a parent complained. What was so ironic about it was that during the dinner, the show choir would sing to the dining audience... and sing CHRISTMAS songs!!! No one complained about that, and many of them mentioned the baby Jesus, etc.

I have been listening to television commercials for the past few years more closely than in the past. If they mention "Holiday" sale - I tell my wife to avoid shopping there. If they mention "Christmas" sale - I tell my wife to try to shop there.
|