Friday, March 02, 2007

Notice of Assessment of Land and Structures

I received my assessment notice today. They are saying that my house has appreciated in value by 15%...

There is no way on this planet that my house is worth what they claim on this form...

I talked to a couple of my neighbors and it looks like they have increeased the assessed value of the homes in this neighborhood by 15%...

I will have to look into this in the next few weeks. I will most likely have to appeal this because they now have my house assessed 10.3% above the purchase price... I have lived here for 6 years and I highly doubt that I could sell my house for anywhere near their assessed value.

Has anyone else received their "notice of assessment?"

I am not sure what my property taxes will increase since I have not researched the levy percentages for the various taxing districts this year; however, I am going to be pushing $4000 a year in property taxes.

When we bought the house six years ago we paid $2000...

Mike Sylvester
|